Information for Participants
The information provided will help you and your volunteers and participants make the most of your experience.
The staging area is located in Downtown bordered by Henderson Street to the west, 3rd Street to the south, Taylor Street to the east and Weatherford Street to the north. Based on the type of entry you have, you will be directed to arrive and enter the area from a specific location. There are instructions provided in this document as well as a map, and a placard to place in your ENTRY VEHICLE.
Please arrive and locate your entry in the space designated no later than 4:00 PM – Latecomers will NOT be accommodated and will be removed from the parade without refund.
Access to the staging areas will be limited to those vehicles displaying the placard, and you will receive your placard when you check in at your assigned check in location. These vehicles are either being used for transport (equestrian) or to participate directly in the parade itself. Vehicles providing support services will be allowed; however, they must all be removed and parked in designated garages by 4:30 PM to keep the staging area clear – NOTE THE EARLIER TIME.
Parking is available in three locations, all within easy walking distance of the staging areas. Passes are not needed at any of these garages, but they may fill up quickly. Please note if you have additional vehicles needing access to the staging area to prepare your float, please remove those vehicles to the garage parking locations prior to 4:30 PM.
- Tower Garage – this garage is located between Taylor and Lamar Streets, with entrances on 4th Street and 5th Parking is free. It’s about a five-block walk to Weatherford Street.
- Sundance Square Parking Garage III – this is located on 3rd Street at Taylor Street, and the entrance ramp is on 3rd Parking is free.
- Tarrant County Parking Garage – this garage is located at 601 Weatherford Street between Cherry Street and Burnett Street, and the entrance is on Weatherford Street. Large vehicles are not allowed into the garage. Parking is free. NOTE: This garage access will close at 4:00 PM. In addition, you will NOT be able to exit this garage until the parade has concluded and Weatherford Street has been opened by the Fort Worth Police Department.
- Click here for a map showing the parking and volunteer check-in locations for the main staging area.
- Click here for the complete staging map set showing staging locations. PLEASE check in first and allow our staging captains to escort you or show you your positions. Enter only the areas noted on the staging information sent to you via email.
Drop off for parade participants is located at 801 Weatherford Street, on the north side of Weatherford Street between Henderson and Florence Streets. PLEASE do not attempt to enter the staging areas for drop off. Participants must be dropped off no later than 4:00 PM.
Parade Policies: Please review the Parade Policies carefully. You will be responsible for the information contained in these pages. It is important that everyone associated with your parade entry abide by the parade policies or it may result in the immediate removal of the entire entry from the parade with forfeiture of your participation fee.
- Non-compliance with our lighting requirements will result in your dismissal from the parade, and you will forfeit your participation fee.
- If you are entered as a non-profit organization, NO commercial signage will be allowed on your entry, otherwise you will need to pay the commercial fee.
- Remember that NO SANTA CLAUS is allowed on any entry, although elves, Scrooge, Grinch, etc., are allowed.
- If you have generators, you MUST have a fire extinguisher.
- PLEASE NOTE that ALL FLOATS must use flame-retardant materials in their construction, or be treated with flame-retardant chemicals. ALL HAY BALES MUST BE TREATED WITH FIREPROOFING. The Fire Marshal will be on site to inspect floats, and you will be asked to show proof of this by presenting a certificate from the materials or chemicals used. Please note that non-compliance will result in dismissal from the parade.
We appreciate your efforts in meeting the lighting requirements. We know how much work it is to prepare your entry for participation in the greatest holiday light parade in America. We appreciate EVERYTHING you do to make this event number one in the community.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please call our office at (817) 336-2787.