Program and Schedule
It’s a day filled with exciting things to do throughout Downtown, from taking care of your holiday shopping in Sundance Square to dining out in some of the finest restaurants in Fort Worth, all while enjoying the holiday spirit of the country’s top holiday parade.
The GM Financial Parade of Lights begins at 6:00 PM at the intersection of Weatherford Street and Throckmorton Street. The parade proceeds east along Weatherford Street, turns south on Commerce and goes all the way to 9th Street. At 9th Street the parade turns west, proceeds past the Convention Center to Houston St., and then turns north on Houston Street to 2nd St. The final turns for the parade are west on 2nd St. to Throckmorton Street, and south to 3rd St. where the parade will end. For complete route information and a full map click here.
Bring your family earlier in the day to celebrate Downtown, enjoy the pre-parade music and displays, and make a day of it. Avoid the crowds by parking early and enjoy lunch at hundreds of great restaurants. Take advantage of some early bird shopping deals at one of our incredible array of Downtown retailers.
Schedule of Activities:
- All Day
- Sundance Square Plaza with wonderful Holiday decor, entertainment and activities is open
- Shopping and Dining Downtown, including brand new retailers and restaurants throughout the Central Business District.
- Trinity Railway Express (TRE) and Trinity Metro TEXRail service will be available from points north and east to the Fort Worth Central Station – TRE will run a special schedule available for Parade-goers. Certain Trinity Metro bus routes will have extended hours on Sunday. Be sure to ride the new Dash to Downtown!
- 4:30 PM – Come early to get a great seat, enjoy some hot chocolate or delicious fare, visit the shops of Downtown and Sundance Square (or purchase reserved seating), or enjoy a leisurely meal in any of our Downtown restaurants.
- 4:30 PM – Celebrating local music with pre-parade performances. Enjoy music performed on mobile stages around the parade route by local musicians.
- 6:00 PM – Parade begins featuring over 100 illuminated entries.
- Entries featuring community groups and supporters from around Fort Worth.
- The parade takes approximately ten minutes to move five blocks – plan accordingly as it will take approximately 40 minutes to traverse the entire route.
- Broadcast LIVE on TXA 21!
- 7:10 PM – Santa begins his trip around the parade route on a specially designed float.
- 10:44 PM – Final TRE train from the Fort Worth Central Station departs eastbound!
NOTE: The lighting of the Sundance Square Christmas Tree will take place on Saturday, November 21. Please visit Sundance Square Events for more information!