Program and Schedule
It’s a day filled with exciting things to do throughout Downtown, from taking care of your holiday shopping in Sundance Square to dining out in some of the finest restaurants in Fort Worth, all while enjoying the holiday spirit of the country’s top holiday parade.
The XTO Energy Parade of Lights begins at 6:00 PM at the intersection of Weatherford Street and Houston Street. NOTE: This is a new start location and the route has changed as well! The parade proceeds east along Weatherford Street, turns south on Commerce and goes all the way to 9th Street. At 9th Street the parade turns west, proceeds past the Convention Center to Houston St., and then turns north on Houston Street to Weatherford St.
Bring your family earlier in the day to celebrate Downtown, and make a day of it. Avoid the crowds by parking early or using our shuttle services from Farrington Field beginning at 2:00 PM) and enjoy lunch at hundreds of great restaurants. Take advantage of some early bird shopping deals at one of our incredible array of Downtown retailers.
Cowboy Santas volunteers will collect toys around the parade route before the parade. Everyone is encouraged to bring an unwrapped toy (for up to 12 years of age) to give to the Cowboy Santas to help give kids around Fort Worth have a brighter holiday! The city has gathered, sorted and helped distribute toys throughout Tarrant County to children of families with income at or below 150% of poverty income guidelines. Toy donations must be new. Items that pose a health or safety risk cannot be accepted, including toys that represent violence. For more information, please go to www.cowboysantas.org.
Schedule of Activities:
- All Day
- Sundance Square Plaza with wonderful Holiday decor, entertainment and activities is open
- Shopping and Dining Downtown, including brand new retailers and restaurants thoughout the Central Business District.
- 2:00 PM – Route 7 service with limited service from Farrington Field ($4.00 per adult round trip), with service to the Intermodal Transportation Center (ITC).
- Parking at Farrington Field is free
- 3:15 PM – Expanded Route 7 Service with increased frequency available from Farrington Field ($4.00 per adult round trip), with service to the Intermodal Transportation Center (ITC)
- Parking at Farrington Field is free
- For more information on all FWTA routes and times for Sunday, please visit http://www.fwta.org/parade-lights-attendees-can-ride-bus-train/
- Trinity Railway Express service available from points east to the ITC – special schedule available for Parade-goers.
- 4:30 PM – Come early to get a great seat, enjoy some hot chocolate or delicious fare, visit the shops of Downtown and Sundance Square (or purchase reserved seating), or enjoy a leisurely meal in any of our Downtown restaurants.
- 5:30 PM – Cowboy Santas will ride around the route collecting toys for kids in need! Pass your toys to the front for collection – let’s fill the truck! Watch for the Wheelie-ing Elvi and entertainment around the route before the parade begins!
- 6:00 PM – Parade begins featuring over 100 illuminated entries.
- Entries featuring community groups and supporters from around Fort Worth.
- The parade takes approximately ten minutes to move five blocks – plan accordingly as it will take approximately 40 minutes to traverse the entire route.
- 7:10 PM – Santa begins his trip around the parade route on a specially designed float.
- 10:00 PM – Last bus departs the ITC for Farrington Field Parking, and the final TRE train from the ITC departs eastbound!
NOTE: The lighting of the Sundance Square Christmas Tree will take place on Saturday, November 17. Please visit Sundance Square Christmas Tree for more information!