Program and Schedule
It's a day filled with exciting things to do throughout Downtown, from taking care of your holiday shopping in Sundance Square to dining out in some of the finest restaurants in Fort Worth, all while enjoying the holiday spirit of the country's top holiday parade.
The Chesapeake Energy Parade of Lights begins at 6:00 PM at the intersection of Belknap Street and Throckmorton Street. The parade route has been extended by three blocks to add more room for viewing! The parade proceeds east along Belknap Street, turns south on Commerce and proceeds all the way to 9th St. At 9th Street the parade turns west, proceeds past the Convention Center to Houston St., and then turns north on Houston Street all the way to Weatherford St.
Beginning at 2:00 PM, the Holiday Fun Zone presented by XTO Energy opens in a new location, to be announced soon.This area features entertainment, children's holiday craft-making and food from the Chop House restaurant. Also, our NEW Farrington Field Shuttle Service begins.
Three new food and beverage areas, called "Cowboy Santas' Villages" will be open at 4:00 PM, complementing the incredible dining throughout Downtown. These areas are located on Main Street in the following blocks:
- between Weatherford and 1st Streets;
- between 5th and 6th Streets, and;
- between 8th and 9th Streets (General Worth Square, near the new JFK Tribute).
Food from Downtown restaurants will be featured, along with beverages and lighted parade merchandise.
Cowboy Santas volunteers will collect toys in the Holiday Fun Zone as well as in the three food and beverage areas above. Everyone is encouraged to bring an unwrapped toy (for up to 12 years of age) to give to the Cowboy Santas to help give kids around Fort Worth have a brighter holiday! For more than 30 years, the city has gathered, sorted and helped distribute toys throughout Tarrant County to children of families with income at or below 150% of poverty income guidelines. Toy donations must be new. Items that pose a health or safety risk cannot be accepted, including toys that represent violence. For more information, please go to www.cowboysantas.org.
The TXA-21 broadcast booth, featuring CBS 11 News anchors, will be located on the west side of Commerce Street, between 1st and 2nd Streets - new location! The Parade will be broadcast in High Definition at 7:30 PM, with an encore broadcast on Christmas Eve beginning at 9:00 PM.
Ride The T for free after 4:00 PM. The ITC is only two blocks from the parade route, at 9th and Jones Streets. Avoid the traffic rush after the parade and enjoy a few more moments downtown at many of our restaurants, shops and entertainment spots. Ride the Parade of Lights Shuttle (FREE!) from Farrington Field to the ITC Train and Bus Station, and then back to your car following the parade. The shuttle is provided courtesy of The Fort Worth Transportation Authority.
Schedule of Activities:
- 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Holiday Fun Zone presented by XTO Energy opens in a location to be determined
- Arts, crafts, kids' inflatables and stage entertainment in the Holiday Fun Zone
- Food and beverage areas open on Main Street
- Cowboy Santas toy collection begins at each of their four locations
- NEW! Farrington Field FREE Shuttle Service Begins
- Main Stage Entertainment:
- Exciting holiday entertainment will be featured on the stage at the Holiday Fun Zone. Please check back in late October for the full lineup.
- 4:30 PM - Come early to get a great seat, enjoy some hot chocolate or delicious fare, visit the shops of Downtown and Sundance Square (or purchase reserved seating), or enjoy a leisurely meal in any of our Downtown restaurants. Watch for the Wheelie-ing Elvi around the route before the parade begins!
- 5:40 PM - Returning this year, "Mrs. Renfro's Salsa Night of Lights Fitness Walk presented by 103.7 LITE FM!.” Take a brisk walk in front of thousands of holiday revelers in the Mrs. Renfro’s Salsa Night of Lights Fitness Walk presented by 103.7 LITE FM, and we’ll save you a seat!
- 6:00 PM - Parade begins featuring over 100 illuminated entries.
- Entries featuring community groups and supporters from around Fort Worth.
- Local personalities from around Fort Worth on our announcer stands!
- 7:00 PM - Santa begins his trip around the parade route on a specially designed float.
- 7:30 PM - High-Definition broadcast of the Parade of Lights on TXA-21, followed by an encore broadcast on Christmas Eve at 9:00 PM.
- 8:00 PM - Holiday Movie, "12 Dogs of Christmas-The Great Puppy Rescue", will be shown on a giant screen in the Gateway Parking Lot. Bring your own chair or take your reserved chair over to the movie!
- 10:00 PM - LAST FREE SHUTTLE BUS DEPARTS FOR FARRINGTON FIELD FROM THE ITC!
Watch for our elves selling bright lights before and during the parade. Special hand-held lights will be available for purchase, and we're hoping to have thousands of illuminated viewers along the parade route to make this the most spectacular parade in America.