Talking Points for the 2015 XTO Energy Parade of Lights:
Downtown Fort Worth Initiatives, Inc., whose mission is to make Downtown Fort Worth a vibrant place to live, work and play.
Press and Media Contact
Claire Bloxom Armstrong, Pavlov Advertising and Public Relations
XTO Energy (Title Sponsor), Sundance Square, GM Financial (float sponsor), Enilon (float sponsor), Hilton Fort Worth Hotel (float sponsor), Atmos Energy (float sponsor), Karen and Larry Anfin (float sponsor), Flowers to Go (float sponsor), Van Cliburn Foundation (float sponsor), Tarrant Regional Water District, The Star-Telegram, RANCH 95.9, HANK 92.1, KLUV 98.7 FM THE Christmas Station, Meador Dodge, United Rentals
First staged in 1983 (33rd year) to help Fort Worth celebrate family and togetherness in a spirited way. It has grown to become one of the top Illuminated Parades in the country.
Let the Season Begin!
From corner of Belknap and Throckmorton Streets, east on Belknap to Commerce, then south on Commerce to 9th Street. Next, west on 9th Street to Houston Street, and finally north on Houston Street to Weatherford Street.
Schedule of Activities:
- 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM –
- The T’s expanded bus service begins (Route 7) from Farrington Field ($3.50 round trip, exact fare required). Parking at Farrington Field is free. For stress free boarding, load The T’s Go Pass App on a mobile device to purchase fares ahead of time. Go to the APP store or to www.gopass.biz for loading instructions. For more information go to www.the-t.com
- 4:30 PM – Come early to get a great seat, enjoy some hot chocolate or delicious fare, visit the shops of Sundance Square, or enjoy a leisurely meal in any of our Downtown restaurants.
- 5:40 PM
- Cowboy Santas collect toys along the route
- Just behind them, watch for the Wheelie-ing Elvi and those crazy unicyclists before the parade begins!
- 6:00 PM – Parade begins at the intersection of Throckmorton and Belknap Street, featuring over 100 illuminated entries.
- Grand Marshal -From the Fort Worth Independent School District, superintendent Kent Paredes Scribner, Ph.D., interim superintendent Patricia A. Linares, Ph.D. and board president Jacinto “Cinto” Ramos, Jr.
- Entries featuring community groups and supporters from around Fort Worth, including award winners from previous years.
- Local personalities from around Fort Worth on our announcer stands!
- Santa’s arrival on the Downtown Fort Worth Inc. float!
- 8:00 PM – Lighting of the Sundance Square Christmas Tree, photos with Santa, benefiting Fort Worth Sister Cities youth scholarship programs, continuing until 10:00 PM, in Sundance Square Plaza.
Expanded Route 7 Bus Service – From Farrington Field (University Ave. and Lancaster Ave.), from 2:00 PM to 11:00 PM. Shuttle drops guests adjacent to the parade route at the ITC, located at Jones Street and 9th Street. $1.75 each way.
Parking information online at www.FortWorthParking.com
Note: Spur 280 off of I-35 will close at 4:30 PM, and Henderson Street will close at White Settlement and at 5th Street at 5:30 PM.
For a complete information concerning our Transportation and Parking, click here.
For a map of downtown parking areas and parade route, click here.
There’s a need for parade marshals, mascots, review-stand spotters, etc. Contact us at Downtown Fort Worth Initiatives, 817-336-2787 or email us.
Downtown Fort Worth Initiatives, Inc.
777 Taylor Street, Ste. 100
Fort Worth, TX 76102